The City of Trail and Trail Parks and Recreation are very excited to launch the Trail Celebrates Canada 150 Passport* at the Canada Day celebration at Kiwanis Beaver Creek on Saturday, July 1, 2017.
Look for the Trail Parks and Recreation Camp Leaders who will be handing out the passports at the event.
This is Trail’s opportunity to celebrate Canada 150 and to show our Canadian pride!
- Participate in the suggested activities in the passport
- Post pictures / selfies of your experiences to social media using #TrailCanada150
- Enter to win prizes throughout the year – see contest dates and details in the passport
*The Trail Celebrates Canada 150 Passport will also be available at the Trail Aquatic & Leisure Centre (July 2), Trail City Hall and online at www.trail.ca (July 4)
Have fun and Happy Canada 150! For more information, email us at Canada150@trail.ca.
This initiative is made possible by the Community Fund for Canada’s 150th, a collaboration between the LeRoi Community Foundation, the Government of Canada, and extraordinary leaders from coast to coast to coast.
The Canada Day Committee invites you and your family and friends to celebrate Canada 150 on July 1, 2017 at Kiwanis Beaver Creek Park with fun activities from 8am to 3pm. The committee encourages everyone to wear red and white to show our Canadian spirit! The Canada Day celebration will end with fireworks at Gyro Park at dusk (approximately 9pm).
The festivities at Kiwanis Beaver Creek Park include entertainment by North of Sixty and:
- 8am – 10:30am, Kiwanis concession pancake & sausage breakfast
- 10am – 3pm, Community group displays
- Starting at 10am, Face painting, children’s games and scavenger hunt
- 11am – 3pm, Kiwanis concession hamburger & hot dog lunch
- 12 Noon, Opening Ceremonies, singing of ‘O’ Canada, FREE birthday cake and the human Canadian flag photo! A FREE Canada150 (red or white) t-shirt will be provided to the first 350 photo participants. View the poster for an example of the photo.
Free wheelchair accessible bus service is available to and from Kiwanis Beaver Creek Park:
|LEAVES DOWNTOWN TRAIL:
Pine Ave & Farwell St.
Pick Up / Drop Off Stops:
|LEAVES BEAVER CREEK PARK:
Returns to Downtown Trail via the Pick Up / Drop Off Stops
For more information about the Canada 150 celebration, contact the following Kiwanis Club of Trail members:
Wayne Hodgson, 250-368-8543; email firstname.lastname@example.org
Leroy Pederson, 250-364-0471; email email@example.com