Nelson Fire & Rescue Services responded to a multitude of calls over the last few days leading into a forecast for a hot dry weekend.
Of the forty-nine calls the crews responded to in the last week, two were responses to the regional district to assist the Beasley Volunteer Fire Department with a wildland fire and a structure fire that partially extended to the surrounding forest.
Additionally, Nelson Fire and Rescue Services responded to:
- Two overdose calls that required the administration of Naloxone.
- A motorcycle accident.
- An incident involving a cyclist and a vehicle with significant injuries.
- Two Hazardous Materials calls involving suspected drug paraphernalia.
- Five By-Law enforcement calls involving unauthorized fires or smoking.
- Four Public Safety calls involving various hazards.
- Twelve Fire Responses for reports of smoke in structures and electronic alarms.
Nelson Fire and Rescue Services would like to remind everyone to be extremely careful with any potential ignition sources during this period of hot dry weather. If you see or smell smoke do not hesitate to contact your local fire department so that action can be taken as soon as possible to try and limit it’s spread.